Lowell Chamber of Commerce
Date: February 14, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
Your Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce brings No-Cost Business Consulting to area businesses.SCORE, a national organization of more than 11,000 volunteers in 310 chapters across the country, is renewing its partnership with the Lowell Chamber.
?What is SCORE and what can it do for my business?? Good question! SCORE is an all-volunteer Association of business owners and senior business executives who bring very broad and deep knowledge of what it takes to start and build successful businesses. You?ve heard the term ?been there, done that? and this certainly applies to SCORE Mentors. And these services are provided at no-cost to you!
The SCORE Grand Rapids Chapter which will support our area businesses has an amazing track record. In the last three years local area SCORE clients have:
- Started 138 new small business firms
- Have added 1147 new jobs to the area economy
- Achieved an economic impact of $40,145,000 (@ $35,000 per new job added)
Existing business firms: Even if your company is doing well, it is smart to pause from time to time and ask yourself some questions:
1. How are we doing in terms of cash flow? You may be growing in sales but is the cash getting into your bank account?
2. How are we doing in sales? Is the competition growing faster than we are?
3. Are there parts of our business that could be more efficient and trouble free?
4. Just how good is our overall customer service operation? What do our customers say about the job we are doing?
Start-up business firms: If you are starting a new firm, there are probably hundreds of questions swirling around in your head.
1. Is my business plan complete?
2. What do I need to do to get ready to meet with a lender to raise the capital I will need?
3. Am I considering all the important issues so my business succeeds?
It is reported that 80% of small businesses will fail in the first two years of operation. SCORE can help increase the odds that you will be part of the successful ones.
So how does it work using SCORE?
1. Contact the Lowell Chamber and we will schedule a face to face appointment to meet with our SCORE Mentor. Appointments can be made the 2nd Tuesday of every month, 9am, 10m & 11am.
2. Sessions typically last about an hour.
3. Your SCORE Mentor will listen a lot and ask a lot of questions and then help you lay out a plan for the next steps.
4. There is no limit to the number of times you can meet with your SCORE Mentor and all services are no cost. SCORE encourages long term relationships with their clients because running a successful business is never a ?one and done? process.
Give your Chamber a call at 616-897-9161 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org